Family Practice Case Study
Praxis EMR Earns Physician the 2012 HIMSS Davies Award
Praxis EMR's template-free charting helps Jeremy Bradley, MD customize care, improve medical quality, and optimize clinical outcomes
We are honored to announce that Praxis user Dr. Jeremy Bradley is the winner of the prestigious Ambulatory HIMSS Davies Award for 2012. This national award recognizes excellence in the use of electronic health records (EHR) in a clinical setting.
Using Praxis EMR, Dr. Bradley revolutionized his family practice in Owensboro, Kentucky:
- Efficiency: Praxis allowed Dr. Bradley's office to achieve a new level of efficiency, reduce staff size, and spend more time with patients. Dr. Bradley sees a larger patient load, but spends 20% more time with each patient.
- Quality: Since implementing Praxis, Dr. Bradley has built dozens of clinical practice guidelines to improve quality of care. His work in preventative medicine has earned him national recognition from Bridges to Excellence in diabetes, hypertension and physician office management. In addition, Dr. Bradley's clinic was the first ambulatory practice in Kentucky to receive Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) status from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- Revenue: Dr. Bradley achieved a first-year return on investment of over 250% and increased his patient load by 28%. The quality measures he implemented with Praxis also earned him reduced insurance premiums, bonuses for eprescribing, and a Stage I Meaningful Use incentive payment.
- Meaningful Use: Dr. Bradley successfully attested for Stage I Meaningful Use quickly and easily, and is prepared to instantly adjust his clinical practice guidelines to accommodate the criteria of Stage II.
- Satisfaction: Dr. Bradley and his staff report that Praxis EMR has reduced office stress, allowed them to work far more efficiently, and given them a deep sense of satisfaction knowing they are providing better and better care.
- To read Dr. Bradley's HIMSS award-winning case studies, click here.
- To read how Dr. Bradley acheived the "triple aim" of supporting underserved communities, click here.
- For a comprehensive Praxis EMR Demo, click here.
- To read Dr. Daniel Griffin's HIMSS award-winning case study, click here.
- Jeremy L. Bradley, M.D.
- Jeremy L. Bradley M.D., FAAFP, Owensboro, Kentucky