Top 50 EHR software companies of 2014.
Medical Economics is unveiling this exclusive report on the top 50 electronic health record (EHR) vendors in an effort to help physicians make purchasing decisions. Companies are listed in alphabetical order.
|Vendor||System Name||Public or Private||Company Annual Revenue||EHR Annual Revenue|
|AdvancedMD (ADP)||AdvancedMD EHR||Public||$12,000,000,000|
|Advanced Data Systems Corp.||MedicsDocAssistant EHR/EMR||Private||*|
|Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.||Touchworks EHR, Allscripts Professional EHR||Public||$1,400,000,000||$870,000,000|
|Amazing Charts, LLC||Amazing Charts||Private||**|
|Aprima Medical Software||Aprima EHR||Private||**|
|Benchmark Systems, Inc.||Benchmark Clinical||Private||$10,000,000||$3,000,000|
|Bizmatics, Inc.||PrognoCIS EMR||Private||$6,000,000||$6,000,000|
|CareCloud Corp.||CareCloud Charts||Private||$11,000,000||$11,000,000|
|Cerner Corp.||PowerChart Ambulatory||Public||$2,900,000,000|
|CompuGroup Medical, Inc. (CGM US)||CGM CLINICAL, CGM webEHR, CGM ENTERPRISE EHR||Public||$50,000,000||$40,000,000|
|CPSI||CPSI Medical Practice EMR||Public||$200,860,000|
|CureMD||CureMD All-in-One EHR||Private||$91,800,000||$62,200,000|
|e-MDs , Inc.||Solution Series, Cloud Solutions||Private||**|
|Endosoft (Utech Products, Inc.)||EndoVault||Private||*|
|Epic Systems Corp.||EpicCare Ambulatory, EpicCare Inpatient||Private||$1,660,000,000||$1,660,000,000|
|GE Healthcare (GE Corp.)||Centricity Practice Solution / Centricity EMR||Public||$146,000,000,000|
|Glenwood Systems, LLC||GlaceEMR||Private||$7,500,000||$7,500,000|
|Greenway Health, LLC||PrimeSUITE, Intergy, SuccessEHS||Private||$350,000,000|
|Integrated Systems Management, Inc.||Omni EHR||Private||*|
|Kareo, Inc.||Kareo EHR||Private||$48,000,000||$48,000,000|
|MacPractice, Inc.||MacPractice MD, MacPractice 20/20, MacPractice DC, MacPractice DDS||Private||$15,000,000||$15,000,000|
|McKesson Specialty Health (McKesson Corp.)||iKnowMed (SM) EHR, iKnowMed (SM) Generation 2||Public||$122,460,000,000|
|MD On-Line, Inc. (MDOL)||MDOL EMR||Private||**|
|Medical Informatics Engineering, Inc.||WebChart EHR||Private||*|
|Meditab Software, Inc.||IMS Clinical||Private||$35,000,000||$20,000,000|
|Modernizing Medicine, Inc.||Electronic Medical Assistant (EMA)||Private||$17,300,000||$17,300,000|
|NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC||NextGen Ambulatory EHR||Public||$444,700,000||$335,000,000|
|Optum, Inc. (UnitedHealth Group)||Optum Physician
|Platinum Systems Specialists, Inc.||PlatinumEMR||Private||*|
|Practice Fusion, Inc.||Practice Fusion EHR||Private||*|
|Practice Velocity, LLC||VelociDoc||Private||$24,500,400||$12,800,000|
|Praxis EMR (Infor-Med Medical Information Systems, Inc.)||Praxis EMR v5||Private||$38,400,000||$38,400,000|
|Patient Chart Manager||Private||$10,000,000|
|Pulse Systems, Inc. (Cegedim Group)||Pulse Complete EHR||Public||$1,200,000,000||$92,300,000|
|Quest Diagnostics||Care360 EHR||Public||$7,100,000,000|
|RazorInsights, LLC||ONE-Electronic Health Record||Private||$7,000,000||$7,000,000|
|SOAPware, Inc.||SOAPware, myHEALTHware||Private||$5,600,000||$5,600,000|
*Top 50 placement determined by revenue estimates (not published) gathered from Hoovers financial reporting.
**Revenue withheld at company’s request
ThisMedical Economicsproject started in spring 2014 and concluded on August 28, 2014. Here is how the editorial team approached gathering company data presented in this report:
- Companies offering complete, ambulatory EHR systems were given the opportunity to report company data by filling out a Medical Economics survey. Editors evaluated companies based on survey responses and other criteria.
- When available, editors obtained revenue for publicly traded companies from published annual reports.
- Editors used revenue estimates from Hoovers financial reporting to determine placement on the top 50 list if vendors did not provide revenue and if other information, such as published annual reports, was not available. Hoovers estimates are denoted with an * in the revenue field.
- If editors obtained a revenue range,the low end of the range was used.
- Some survey participants provided Medical Economics with revenue data for our internal deliberations only. Those vendors are marked with ** in the revenue field.
- The Top 50 is listed in alphabetical order.
- Some companies provided annual EHR revenue while others did not. That field was left blank when not provided.
Source: Top 50 EHR software companies of 2014 | Medical Economics | http://www.medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com | October 09, 2014